Friday 16 December 2011

Advent Calendar Day16

Hello!


Day 16
Ed Miliband

Sorry if you're reading this late. I've had a problem with Blogger in the past 24 hours where it erased this very post I'm retyping, and wouldn't let me do anything at all. Bah.

Anyway, why Ed? I don't dislike the guy, but my god is Labour in the doldrums under him. Imagine being outwitted and ridiculed by David fucking Cameron in PMQs. Especially in today's oppressive twin-headed government of terror, we deserve a competent, aggressive opposition. This man isn't it. Admittedly, under the caretaker gloom of Brown's mishandled tenure, it was always going to be difficult to get their groove back, claw back some dignity and desire to get back into government with a clean slate. Voting this pilchard in as leader was not the best way of going about it. I'm sure he's a competent politician, but he has the charisma and wit of a PE teacher. I hate to say it, but Ed Balls would have provided stronger opposition (though he now doesn't want the job).

I guess we'll have to wait for the coalition to tear themselves apart to get a bit of oomph back into the Labour leader so he can kickstart his momentum a tad.

Hmph. How depressing, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment