Monday 18 April 2011

Children's TV Re-Imagining Update

Hi there.

I started this blog in 2009 with Children's Television: The Re-Imagining, and have added new ones every so often. Except I haven't added a new one for months, for many reasons. Well, two.
Firstly, I've been too busy. I've been working on Destinauts, my web comic (links on the right), and haven't had much time to even write a blog here. The other reason is that I've never been happy with the page itself. Too cumbersome. So, I'm looking into ways of making it look a bit better, more user-friendly, and, well, less shit.

I had a request from @HenryDoohan on Twitter to write a new Re-Imagining based on Ulysses 31, so I did.


The Odyssey drifted soundlessly through the void, its captain tired but happy. Despite all the evidence, he'd never really considered how their adventures seemed to recall ancient Greek mythology. The clues were always there, to be fair, but Ulysses was usually too busy preening to think about it, his flowing locks and Richard Stilgoe beard the most important things in the universe. Since putting two and two together (realising that he was called Ulysses was quite a large clue), he abandoned his quest to save his crew, and searched the galaxy for those more colourful aspects of ancient Greece that he'd read about on the, um, Space Internet.
The past fortnight, they'd spent time on the planet Dionysia 5, in the city of Orgion. Perhaps not the best of things to expose Telemachus to at his age, but what sort of father would he be if he didn't, somehow, explain the birds and the bees? Here he now stood on the bridge of his ship, the echoes of his son's vomiting reverberating along the bulkhead, Ulysses headed to his quarters, passing the telepathic Yumi. She paused to read his mind, screamed, and ran down the corridor in floods of tears. Ulysses decided to have a cold shower.
He reached his quarters, the shame of a fortnight's debauchery weighing heavily on his conscience. There, sprawled coquettishly on his bed, was the creepy little robot Nono, as apt a name as any right now, as he made suggestive gestures with a rusty screw. Ulysses felt nauseous, slightly concerned at the burning itch that had flared up.

I've also got to add the Thundercats one I did in the 100th Blog Post. Once I've found a page format I like, I'll write some more.

I might actually write a proper blog post one of these days too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment