Monday 15 November 2010

A quick post thingy

Hello. You know, I've had barely any time lately to post here. Fingers crossed, that will be changing soon.

Since I started work again back in April, I've not been able to keep up on here, but for the purposes of babysitting, I've put in a flexitime request so I only work Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. I just wish they'd hurry up and get that arranged. Once that's done, I'll be on here more regularly.

Okay, since the last post on here, I've posted the first part of issue 2 of Destinauts, and am working on the next bit right now. Destinauts is another thing that had to get sidetracked due to work, but I'm doing my damnedest to rectify that. To give you some perspective, it takes a day to colour one page, and given my current amount of free time, I'm lucky if I manage to complete the pencils and inks for a page in 2 days. Of course, that all depends if I actually get the free time to do it. Professional comics have a sizeable team of people working on each issue; doing everything myself is bloody painstaking and time consuming, especially when I'm working my real job most of the week, hence why the huge gap between issue one and issue two. I'm trying to get the momentum back now. Sigh.

Anyway, on the last post here, I ran a competition to tie in with the first birthday of Dystopian Fuchsia, the prize being getting a character named after yourself in a forthcoming issue. The questions were:


1. What's the name of the cigarette smoking journalist in the first issue of Destinauts?
Phil Stafford
2. Who was the star of last year's Children's Television: The Re-Imagining's Hallowe'en Special?
Skeletor
3. What was the title of the short story I posted last Christmas?
A Christmas Arsehole

Many congratulations to @DotSeven! You'll see the character very soon.

Anyway, that's it for today. Soon, it'll be business-as-it-used-to-be. Have a pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment