Wednesday 9 December 2009

Splutter

Hello. Sniff.

Apologies if you've been waiting for the Dystopian Advent Calendar, and went without yesterday. *cough* I've been ill, and so have my entire family. To make up for it, you get a two-fer now. For the 8th, you've got NRA poster bitch, Sarah Palin. For today, Jim "Nick-Nick" Davidson. It can surely be only a coincidence that he's above Nick-Nick Griffin. *cough*

I've had a pretty shoddy couple of days. Monday was a twat. I hated Monday. Firstly, I woke up ill. My wife, my son and my daughter were all also ill. Secondly, despite being told last week that I would find out via telephone by Saturday whether or not I had the job I went for, I was emailed on Monday morning to tell me that I hadn't. Thirdly, Andrew Collins accused me of snobbery. Hmph.

*sniff*

So, apologies for lack of activity. I promise at least one new thing to read by tomorrow afternoon. I can't vouch for its quality, though. In the meantime, you may have seen a campaign to get Rage Against the Machine to number one this Xmas in place of the inevitable X Factor victory. Commendable from certain aspects, and I wish the campaign well. I was going to suggest downloading Fog On The Tyne by Lindisfarne and Gazza en masse, but tragically it appears that only a karaoke version exists on iTunes and similar sites. Yes, I did look. If only that could get into the Top Ten, the Xmas edition of Top of the Pops would be worth watching. Had it not already been recorded back in July or whatever.

*cough*

Right. Bed. Hot and cold flushes. I'm either dosed up with 'flu, or I'm pregnant.

G'night.

2 comments:

  1. He's a DJ who used to co-present stuff with Stuart Maconie. You may have seen him on some of those Channel 4 Top 100 programmes. Nowadays, he does a very funny podcast with Richard Herring.

    I do like the guy, but he misunderstood something I said. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete